Sunday, November 17, 2019

Digitally Colored Version of the Kauth ATV

I finally finished my first version of the Kauth ATV tracked vehicle. Thanks to the image wizardry of Rubén Andrés Martínez A., I had a clean copy of the Dennis Kauth ATV to work from. I went with a basic olive color scheme and tried to keep it from looking overly militaristic since I see this as more of an exploration vehicle along the lines of the Star Frontiers Explorer vehicles.
There are no instructions for these models but Rubén's built versions should give you a good idea of how to build them.
Several of the symbols that I used are from Ron Cobb's Standard Semiotic Symbols from the film Alien. I used the Scotch and Soda icons from this post.



My coloring on this model is not perfect but I think it should go together fairly easily. If you find anything truly catastrophic please let me know but otherwise I'm considering this first version as done.

I'm also posting the cleaned up versions that 
Rubén sent me so that others can have a go at creating their own color schemes. I'd really like to see what you come up with so if you create a new color scheme, please leave a comment with a link to where I can see it.


Thanks to Steven Hildebrand and Rubén Andrés Martínez A. for the imaging help and as always, thanks to Dennis for designing such a cool set of vehicles. I hope he approves of our efforts.

NOTE: Be sure to right click and save the linked image and not just the thumbnail. These should be 8.5"x11" at 300dpi.


















1 comment: